A few weeks ago, I got a question from a Work on the Edge Listener. On today’s show, I’ll take a crack at answering the question in true Work on the Edge fashion.
The question I got was this: How do you become authoritative without authority?
This is an excellent question, and one that many people would probably like an answer to. But in that question I sensed that there was actually a different question that the person wanted to ask but didn’t.
In the episode, you’ll learn:
- What question I think this person was really asking
- Why this person asked a different question that the one they really wanted answered
- Why there’s a stigma against telling someone you want to be a leader
- The REAL job that most Americans won’t do
- Why even people at the top actually lead from the bottom
- How you actually serve more people than you realize
- Why new members of a team often have additional “tasks”
- Why deciding to help someone is nothing special
- The simple way to make hard decisions easier
- Why it doesn’t matter if people like you
- About my attempt to become the 2nd best thing to being a Navy SEAL
- And much more
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
WOTE Introduction Episode-Learn what it means to be a professional