In true Work on the Edge fashion, I will take another crack at debunking a myth that many of us hold about teams.
“A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link.” This is another piece of cliche’ nonsense that many of us believe because that’s what we’ve been told. Work on the Edge is about challenging your assumptions to find the Edge, the advantage, in every situation. Instead of believing that our weak links are holding us back, I’ll propose that we should in fact be thankful for them.
On this episode you will learn:
- What exactly are the weak links that every team has
- What winners like Vince Lombardi and John Wooden have in common
- One thing that weak links force you to do to help you avoid the Best Practices Trap
- What is Organizational Intertia?
- What Spartan warriors have to say about weak links…you are probably going to be surprised. I was
- What Ostriches and Cheetahs can teach us about dealing with weak links
- How human teams are similar to and different from steel chains, and why this metaphor doesn’t always work
- The extent of my knowledge about gardening (Not much)
- Why human chains are NOT as strong as their weakest links, but are as strong as THIS instead
- And much more
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
Have time to leave a review of the show? You can help me out greatly by doing that HERE.
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.