On this episode, we are going to talk about the unique relationship that high-stakes professionals have with mistakes and failure.
Mistakes. Many of us would rather not think about them, let alone make some ourselves. In high-stakes situations, how we handle the mistakes others make, but more importantly, how we handle ourselves when we make a mistake are of huge importance. Working on the Edge is about creating an advantage, an edge, from every situation, even the negative ones. We are going to talk today about how high-stakes professionals should deal with mistakes
On this episode, you will learn:
- What a terrible singer I am
- The 3 different types of mistakes and how they are different
- The difference between Time on the Job vs. Experience
- When mistakes are acceptable and when they aren’t
- How to evaluate judgement calls
- Why Michael Jordan is wrong about the source of his success
- Why people that care more about something actually make more mistakes
- How to use the Use of 4C concepts to turn mistakes into advantage
- Why I almost stole a Delorian
- And much more
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW HERE. And if you have a minute to write a review in iTunes, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!